Jump to navigation
Undergraduate Research Fund - FAQ
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the George H. Davis Undergraduate Research Fund
- Applicants must be actively engaged in Geoscience-related research at UA.
- You can apply if you are engaged in research in a different department as long as the research is geoscience-related.
- You do NOT have to be enrolled for research credit to apply.
- You can apply even if you have received this award in a previous semester. There is no limit to the number of times a student can receive this award.
- Proposals that include travel expenses to attend a professional conference will only be considered if the student is presenting at the conference.
- A brief statement of support from your faculty research advisor is required.
- Include the Faculty Advisor statement within your actual proposal, or
- as a separate email sent directly to me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can include a statement from your Graduate Student Advisor as well, but it is not necessary and faculty advisor letters are preferred.
- View past awardees at https://www.geo.arizona.edu/UndergraduateResearch.
- Contact Shawna Matteson a.s.a.p. if you have any questions after you have read all of the information above and on the GEOS UG Scholarships website.