The UA Geosciences GEOS 414 Field School will be offered in Summer 2022. GEOS 405 Accessible Earth will aslo be offered in Summer 2022.
Please consider applying for our in-person Summer 2021 GEOS 414 Field School. Applications opened on November 1, 2020.
Accessible Earth, the first course of its kind, makes Earth sciences more accessible to students of all physical abilities and provides international research experience. This is a 5-week, 6-credit geosciences field course that is based in Orvieto, Italy and serves juniors, seniors and graduate students. The GEOS 405 application will be available through the UA Study Abroad website.
Summer Field School is a 5-week, 6-credit intensive field course offered each summer to Geosciences students. Students study a broad range of rock types in various tectonic and geomorphological settings in order to learn the geological and tectonic history of the western North American Cordilleran orogenic belt. The GEOS 414 application will open in early November 2021.
Field Camp Scholarship Opportunities
- American Institute of Professional Geologists National Scholarship
- Association for Women Geoscientists Scholarships
- Beardsley-Kuper Field Camp Scholarship Fund (AEG Foundation)
- GSA/ExxonMobil Field Camp Scholar Award
- J. David Lowell Field Camp Scholarships
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers Field Scholarships