Scholarships for GEOS Undergraduates
Scholarship Universe is a scholarship matching service exclusively for University of Arizona Students. When a student logs in, they are asked a series of questions and matched to scholarships based on their answers. Scholarship Universe matches Wildcats to thousands of UA and non-UA opportunities, and can help you to apply for and receive scholarship awards quickly and easily. Incoming and current UA students can access Scholarship Universe here.
The Department of Geosciences currently offers several scholarships to qualified undergraduate students. Please note that the requirements and deadlines for each of the scholarships below may differ.
The George H. Davis Undergraduate Research Fund provides support for undergraduate students to participate in Geosciences Department research project. The Spring 2019 application process has closed.
To apply, you must:
- Be a GEOS student currently engaged in research, regardless of whether you are volunteering, earning credit, or being paid a stipend.
- Students who hope to engage in research in the future should consider applying for this funding opportunity once you have secured a research position.
- Submit an electronic proposal in pdf format to Shawna Matteson. The proposal is your application.
- The proposal is your application.
- Proposal instructions are here.
- Contact your faculty advisor immediately to give them sufficient time to compose the advisor statement (section 5 of the proposal).
- Let Shawna Matteson know if you have any questions or concerns about how to prepare your proposal.
- Submit your proposal by the designated deadline.
The Orlo E. Childs Geology Scholarship fund provides support for undergraduate students with academic excellence and financial need. Preference is show to students doing research on the geology of of the Colorado Plateau or Rocky Mountains.
Students who apply for a George H. Davis Undergraduate Research Award will automatically be considered for this additional scholarship.
Geosciences is able to offer need-based program fee reimbursements for Geosciences majors each Fall and Spring semester. The Spring 2019 application process has closed.
Please note that the potential award amount depends on the number of applicants and the availability of funds.
To apply, you must:
- Be a current Geosciences major in any degree sub-plan and have paid your Spring 2019 Program Fee.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen of the United States.
- If not a US citizen, you must meet the additional criteria outlined here.
- Have a completed 2018-2019 FAFSA at UA that demonstrates financial need.
- Complete our Spring 2019 GEOS Program Fee Scholarship Application, which includes a statement of your financial need.
- Contact Shawna Matteson if you have any questions about this scholarship or the application process.