- Allele the different forms of a gene, for example pea color has alleles for yellow and for green.
- Chromatid one-half of the replicated chromosome.
- Diploid haveing both pairs of homologous chromosomes
(n=46 in humans)
- Dominant gene-type (allele) which is expressed in combination with recessive gene
- Genotype genetic makeup
- Haploid haveing one of each pair of homologous chromosomes (n=23 in humans)
- Heterozygous having both kinds of gene for a trait
- Homologous Chromosomes the pair of "identical" chromosomes, from the two parents
- Homozygous having only one kind of gene for a trait
- Phenotype physical appearance (of a trait)
- Recessive gene-type (allele) which is not expressed in combination with dominant gene