Luke McGuire Google Scholar webpage
16. Pelletier, J.D., G.A. Barron-Gafford, H. Guttierez-Jurado, E.S. Hinckley, E. Istanbulluoglu, L.A. McGuire, G.Y. Niu, M.J. Poulos, C. Rasmussen, P. Richardson, T.L. Swetnam, and G.E. Tucker,Which way do you lean? Using slope aspect variations to understand Critical Zone processes and feedbacks, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, accepted.
15. McGuire, L.A., J.W. Kean, F.K. Rangers, and D.M. Staley, Debris flow initiation by runoff in a recently burned basin: Is grain-by-grain sediment bulking or en masse failure to blame?, Geophysical Research Letters,2017.
14. Rasmussen, C., McGuire, L.A., P. Dhakal, and J.D. Pelletier, Coevolution of soil and topography across a semiarid cinder cone chronosequence, Catena,2017.
13. McGuire, L.A., J.W. Kean, D.M. Staley, F.K. Rangers, and T.A. Wasklewicz, Constraining the relative importance of raindrop- and flow-driven sediment transport mechanisms in post-wildfire environments and implications for recovery time scales, Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface,2016.
12. McGuire, L.A., F.K. Rengers, J.W. Kean, J.A. Coe, R.L. Baum, and J.W. Godt, Elucidating the role of vegetation in the initiation of rainfall-induced shallow landslides: Insights from an extreme rainfall event in the Colorado Front Range, Geophysical Research Letters, 2016 .
11. Kean, J.W., L.A. McGuire, F.K. Rengers, J.B. Smith, and D.M. Staley, Amplification of post-wildfire peak flow by debris, Geophysical Research Letters, 2016.
10. Rengers, F.K., L.A. McGuire, J.A. Coe, J.W. Kean, R.L. Baum, and J.W. Godt, The influence of vegetation on debris-flow initiation during extreme rainfall in the northern Colorado Front Range, Geology, 2016.
9. Rengers, F.K., L.A. McGuire, J.W. Kean, D.M. Staley, and D.E.J. Hobley, Model simulations of flood and debris flow timing in steep catchments after wildfire, Water Resources Research, 2016.
8. McGuire, L.A., and J.D. Pelletier, Controls on valley spacing in landscapes subject to rapid base-level fall, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, doi: 10.1002/esp.3837, 2015.
7. Hayakawa, Y.S., T. Oguchi, H. Saito, A. Kobayashi, V.R. Baker, J.D. Pelletier, L.A. McGuire, G. Komatsu, and K. Goto, Geomorphic imprints of repeated tsunami waves in a coastal valley in northeastern Japan, Geomorphology, 242, 2015.
6. McGuire, L.A., J. D. Pelletier, and J.J. Roering, Development of topographic asymmetry: Insights from dated cinder cones in the western United States, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1002/2014JF003081, 2014.
5. Komatsu, G., Goto, K., Baker, V.R., Oguchi, T., Yuichi S. Hayakawa, Y.S., Hitoshi, Saito, H., Jon D. Pelletier, J.D., McGuire, L., and Iijima, Y., 2014, Effects of tsunami wave erosion on natural landscapes: Examples from the 2011 Tohoku-oki Tsunami, in Kontar, Y., Santiago-Fandiño, V., and Takahashi, T., editors, Tsunami Events and Lessons Learned; Environmental and Societal Significance. Springer, Heidelberg, p. 243-253.
4. McGuire, L.A., and J.D. Pelletier, Relationships between debris fan morphology and flow rheology for wet and dry flows on Earth and Mars: A numerical modeling investigation, Geomorphology,197, 2013.
3. McGuire, L.A., J.D. Pelletier, J.A. Gomez, and M.A. Nearing, Controls on the spacing and geometry of rill networks on hillslopes: Rain splash detachment, initial hillslope roughness, and the competition between fluvial and colluvial transport, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1002/jgrf.20028, 2013.
2. Pelletier, J.D., DeLong, S.B., C. Orem, P. Becerra, K. Compton, K. Gressett, J. Lyons-Baral, L.A. McGuire, J. L. Molaro, and J. C. Spinler, How do vegetation bands form in drylands? Insights from numerical modeling and field studies in southern Nevada, U.S.A., Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1029/2012JF002465, 2012.
1. Pelletier, J.D., L. McGuire, J. Ash, T. M. Engelder, L. Hill, K. Leroy, C. Orem, S. Rosenthal, M. Trees, C. Rasmussen, and J. D. Chorover, Calibration and testing of upland hillslope evolution models in a dated landscape: Banco Bonito, New Mexico, USA, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1029/2011JF001976, 2011.
Luke McGuire Google Scholar webpage