Geosciences 460/560 Characterization of Minerals
- Syllabus pdf file
- To use X-ray generating equipment in the State of Arizona, you must first obtain a safety certificate from the state.
Fill in the RC88 form. Then give the form to Dr Downs on Tues Jan 15. RC88 Radiation safety forms
- A test will be administered by a state inspector in the class room a week or so after the forms are submitted. Study this guide.
Radiation Generating Machines Protection Reference Guide
- Falure to pass this test means that you will be dropped from the class.
- Chapter 1, Modeling symmetrical patterns and geometries of molecules and crystals pdf file
- Chapter 2, Some geometrical aspects of crystals pdf file
- Multiple Linear Regression pdf file
- Results of sphalerite cell parameter determination pdf file
- Fisher G W, Medaris L G (1969) Cell dimensions and X-ray determinative curve for synthetic Mg-Fe olivines,
American Mineralogist 54, 741-753
- Wesselsite.pdf pdf file
- Feldspar X-ray experiment. Determine the ordering state of your feldspar from its refined cell parameters:
Albite pdf file and
K-spar pdf file
- CrystalSleuth software
[click here for more information]
CrystalSleuth, is capable of analyzing and manipulating both Raman and powder diffraction data sets.
Download CrystalSleuth .
- Raman spectroscopy notes:
- Electron Microprobe notes:
Microprobe ppt file