SJAV Station Page
- Coordinates:-35.62248. -71.78012, 600 ft.
- Start Date:Installed by Marcos Alvarez, Keith Koper, and Lara Wagner on 1/25/2001.
- Instrumentation:sensor: T3100 or T3146, DAS: 1060, *NOTE* Solar Panels 10V in Series!
- Directions:From Talca: Head south on Rt 5 to the first San Javie
r exit. Follow this road (paved, but narrow) to, and through, San Javier. Just
past town, at a big-ish intersection, head right towards Constitucion. Take the 1st left. Head up this road not too far...look for a line of trees on the left. Immediately at the line of trees is the driveway into the dump. Once past the gate, take a hard left uphill and follow this dirt road as it contours the hill. There is a trail marked (not well) by cairns leading to the station. The station is on the side of the hill facing the dump, close to the top of the hill. If you have trouble finding it, go to the rock outcrop at the top of the hill and look downhill slightly to the left of the dump and you'll see it.
- Miscellaneous:Owner of the land is Osvaldo Campos Vartes (in Linares). Marcos also spoke with Pedro Valdes Soto.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.