PICH Station Page
- Coordinates: -30.90767, -65.18679, 1650 ft
- Start Date: Installed by George Zandt, Patricia Alvarado et al. on 12/2/2000.
- End Date: Pulled out by Susan Beck, Lara Wagner, Patricia Alvarado, Heather Folson et al. on 05/18/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor: 59852 (STS2), DAS: 1026
- Directions: Located at the eastern end of the northern line in Argentina, this site is located near the dam known as Dique Las Pichanas. The site is on a terrace to the right of the main living quarters.
- Miscellaneous: The caretaker is an older guy named Carlos Ferroni, who is pretty hospitable and has let us camp in one of the abandoned buildings on the grounds. There are lots of friendly dogs at this site. We poured the sensor pad directly on bedrock and this should make for a good site, although the holes were on the shallow side. Has tall solar panel pole that requires a ladder to work on panels. A ladder might be available from Carlos or other workers at camp.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.