PENA Station Page
- Coordinates: -36.20261, -68.39761, 4120 ft
- Start Date: Installed on 11/28/2000 by Keith Koper, Dean Childs, Patricia Alvarado et al.
- End Date: Pulled out by Susan Beck, Patricia Alvarado, Lara Wagner, Juan Carlos Rodríguez et al. on 05/12/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor: 59853 (STS2), DAS: 579, 40 sps, one data stream on channels 4-6, cages installed around sloar panels for hail protection
- Directions: Site is located at eastern end of southern line in Argentina at the puesto of Las Penas. Site is behind and to the left of the main house. Coming from NIEB to the east the sign for the Perez family turnoff will be facing the other direction. ANyway, after taking turnoff you first encounter Perez's daughter's house and then the main Perez house.
- Miscellaneous: A funny old guy named Perez is the the landowner for the site. He enjoys getting fruit as a gift, and is pretty reasonable, nice guy although we do not in general camp at his property. The site should be good, as the pier was poured on bedrock, although it is quite sandy on the surface.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.