NIEB Station Page
- Coordinates: -36.02881, -68.96124, 5000 ft
- Start Date: Installed by Keith Koper, Dean Childs, Patricia Alvarado et al. on 11/27/00.
- End Date: Pulled out by Susan Beck, Patricia Alvarado, Lara Wagner, Juan Carlos Rodríguez et al. on 05/11/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor: 51614 (STS2), DAS: 1057, solar panel cages for hail protection.
- Directions: This site is probably the hardest to find. From the main road heading towards Agua Escondida the road will fork without any signs. Stay to the right and you will reach a sign called La Niebla, turn right here and travel 3.3 km to the main compound. If you stay to the left you will see a sign for Campo: Adonay Jireh, take a right here and this will take you across the other road and to the main compound. If you get to Mina Ethel you have gone too far and need to turn around. From the compund follow the dirt road up the hill for about 2 km and look for the fencing. The site is directly off the right side of this road.
- Miscellaneous: The puesto here is beautiful and basically operates like a bed and breakfast. The owners are an older couple who are extremely friendly. They often have extra rooms available for sleeping and good washroom facilities. Great sky here, sensor pad was poured on large sheet of volcanic rock about 1 m below surface. There are lots of red ants that will bite you at this site.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.