LENA Station Page
- Coordinates: -35.19800, -70.03979, 6700 ft
- Start Date: Installed on 11/23/2000 by Keith Koper, Dean Childs, Patricia Alvarado et al.
- End Date: Pulled out by Susan Beck, Patricia Alvarado, Lara Wagner on 05/11/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor:69206 (STS2), DAS:866, 40 sps on 24 bit digitized (channels 4-6 on DAS). Clock is currently deployed beneath tarp, oustide of plywood and is locking regularly.
- Directions: This site is located north of the southern line in Argentina, near the ski resort of Las Lenas. Follow the road leading to Las Lenas and stop at the Gendarmia outpost, the site is in back of the guardhouse against the mountain.
- Miscellaneous: The Gendarmia guys at this stations are really cool and always allow us to stay inside their guardhouse. It is best to call ahead and let them know in advance of a site visit however. They like to party so make sure to bring vino with you. This station is installed right up against a rock face here so the sky coverage is not great. Solar panel pole may not be as stable here as other stations owing to personnel problems during construction, but should be fine nonetheless.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.