JUAN Station Page
- Coordinates: -31.60315, -68.23312, 670 m
- Start Date: Installed by George Zandt, Dean Childs, Patricia Alvarado, Keith Koper, Jason Erikson, et al. on 11/18/2000
- End Date: Pulled out by Susan Beck, Lara Wagner, Patricia Alvarado et al. on 05/08/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor:59845 (STS2), DAS:1061, extra long clock cable, continuous power supply - no solar panels used
- Directions: Colocated with the INPRES San Juan station (CFA). INPRES drivers know precisely how to get there, it is not far out of town.
- Miscellaneous: This site is located inside an INPRES building that was built into the side of a hill specifically as a seismometer site. The hill is made of metamorphic bedrock and is part of the Pie Palo Range. The sensor is located in a back room and is the only active sensor in that room, it is covered by a styrofoam box. Thermal insulation should be great, this should be an amazingly quiet site. Clock is well-mounted on the roof, and locks with ease. Batteries are connected to a charger which is plugged into continuous power outlet. Equipment boxes left on site.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.