ELBO Station Page
- Coordinates:-30.52779, -70.40725, 8900 ft.
- Start Date:Installed by Keith Koper, Lara Wagner, and Javier Ruiz on 2/18/2001.
- End Date: Pulled out by Robert Fromm, Heather Folsom on 05/08/2002.
- Instrumentation:sensor: 59848 (sts-2), DAS: 373, NOTE: 10 V Panels in Series!
- Directions:From Hurtado, go straight past carabineros...do not turn left towards Vicuna. About 9 km up, reach the town of El Bosque and the big house on the left which belongs to Eliseo Perez, owner of all the land from there to the border! Say "hi" at the house, and get a note of permission for the gate keeper. Another 15 km later, you get to the locked gate. Normally, people have to pay to pass. We haven't had to, but you do need the note to pass. Past the gate, go 23.6 km to the first rock outcrop near the road on the right. Solar panels should be visible.
- Miscellaneous:Good Camping near there. Has Argos. Has Solar Panels on wood brackets. Re: permissions..we gave an official letter to Guido Rojes Cortes to give to Eliseo Perez, as per Don Eliseo's request. We would have like to have given the letter to Don Eliseo in person, but were delayed due to the shooting. Call Eliseo Perez in advance of arrival. Cell: (09) 542-4420, La Serena: (51)214285 (address is Casilla 304, La Serena), Ovalle (53) 625521. Bernardo Flores is his administrator. We do not have a number for him.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.