CONS Station Page
- Coordinates:-35.45879, -72.29839, 1740 ft.
- Start Date:Installed 1/26/2001 by Marcos Alvarez, Keith Koper, Lara Wagner.
- End Date: Pulled out by Robert Fromm, Heather Folsom on 05/08/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor: T3148 (guralp), DAS: 919
- Directions: From Talca: Head south on Rt 5 to the first San Javier exit. Follow this road (paved, but narrow) to, and through, San Javier. Just past town, at a big-ish intersection, head right towards Constitucion. When you pass the turn off to SJAV (the first major left) continue towards Constitucion for ~58 km. Just past a little village, look for a wooden sign on the left side of the road for the Ministry of Forestry. Head up the dirt driveway and park in front of the little house/office there to say hello. From there, it's ~3.1 km uphill along the dirt road. The site will be on the left, upon a flat area with only a few little trees, about 4 or 5 feet elevated above the road. If you start going downhill, you've gone too far.
- Miscellaneous: Land is owned by the University of Chile. We have permission from Ivan Ulloa and Jaime Campos. We have also spoken with Cristian Hernandez.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.