BARD Station Page
- Coordinates: -35.76398, -69.56223, ~6,500 ft
- Start Date: Installed on 11/23/00 by Keith Koper & Dean Childs et al.
- End Date: Pulled out by Susan Beck, Patricia Alvarado, Lara Wagner et al. on 05/09/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor: 69204 (STS2), DAS: 1054, one data stream running at 40 sps with 24 bit digitizer (channels 4,5,6 on DAS)
- Directions: This site is located almost directly south of Malargue. It is precisely 40 km from the supermarket in Malargue to the turnoff for BARD. The turnoff is very inconspicuous and the small sign for it may in fact be laying on the ground. The sign says "Puesto: Vegh Miranda de Isodoro Moyano ...". The turnoff will be on the left if coming from Malargue and the Moyano ranch is located about 5 km along this road. The site is "behind" the ranch and can be found by following the stream - it is located behind a small hill and is not visible from the main compound.
- Miscellaneous: This site also know as the "Gaucho site". It is located on the property of Isidoro Moyano, who is the head of extended family that raises goats. The family is quite friendly and always allows us to camp on their property just beside the main house. Visitors should count on bringing extra food for the family as we generally have an asado with them. Good gifts to bring for the family include fruit, cough/cold medicine, or household cleaning supplies.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.