Página de la estación AMER
- Coordinates:-35.70001, -71.10488, 2050 ft.
- Start Date: Instalada por Keith Koper, Lara Wagner, Terry Wallace y Marcos Alvarez sin los paneles solares el 29/01/2001. Keith y Lara added solar panels on 2/2/2001.
- End Date: Pulled out by Robert Fromm and Heather Folsom on 05/12/2002.
- Instrumentation: sensor: T3100 or T3146(guralp), DAS: 1064
- Directions:From Talca: Head east across Rt 5 towards San Clemente. There is a big Hipersur supermarket and a Sodimac Homecenter immediately on the left there if you need supplies. Take this road (paved) until the road takes a sharp right over a bridge. Do not go right over the bridge. Go straight onto a dirt rd toward the village of Amerillo. A bit past Amerillo, the road again takes a hard right. Again, do not go right. You will notice on the left side of the road an orange gate ( it will be more or less right in front of you at the turn). Head up to the gate. To the left is the green caretakers house and office. They will let you in. *NOTE* you will need 4WD truck to get past here. Head past the woodpile up an extremely bad road. When you get up to a sort of flat spot, notice on left is a road that heads uphill. Look for a crumbled old round stone structure on the left. It's a hard left up an ugly road. Continue on this road to the site. It will be on the left, and there is a good turn around spot there.
- Miscellaneous:Keith Koper, Lara Wagner, and Marcos Alvarez(?) spoke with Alfonso Rivas at the Rodeo in Talca on Jan 20, 2001. Got written permission (in Lara Wagner's field notebook), but never needed it.
Back to CHARGE homepage.
Back to Station Page.